December 7th, 2007
Finalist, lead role and sports legend
Marc was a finalist in the 30-second Audience Slam at the Manhattan Monologue Slam.
Marc has been cast in a lead role of “Mr. Big” in the indie short comedy film Next Gotta Have It, from Groom Lake Productions. More to come.
Marc is on hold to portray a hall-of-fame football coach in a documentary TV series on a major sports network. More to come when details are available.
December 3rd, 2007
Marc plays Santa in film
Marc has been cast in the lead role in the indie short film Syonara Santa as a depressed department store Santa, shooting in New York City and New Jersey in December, produced by Circulus Initium.
December 1st, 2007
Marc wraps web pilot
Marc wrapped shooting a supporting role intended to be recurring in a three-part pilot episode for the Internet spy/adventure webisodic Hackateer. The episodes, produced by MediaThreat, will be seen at the HACKATEER WEBSITE.
November 26th, 2007
Barry the Ball wraps
Marc has completed shooting the title role of “Barry the Ball” (the New Years Ball) in a series of viral videos to promote newyearsnation.com.
November 26th, 2007
Marc plays The Don
Marc will also begin shooting in Pennsylvania and New York City in December as the mob boss “The Don” in the featurette Hitmen for Big Idea Productions.
PAST NEWS ITEMS
Beneath the Surface
Marc has wrapped shooting in New York City in the principal role of Steve in the comedic short film Beneath the Surface, directed by Claudia Heinzl.
The Naked Brothers Band
Marc appeared in September as a documentary cameraman in Nickelodeon’s television episodic The Naked Brothers Band, and again in October as a crew member/background in another episode.
Signs of the Time
-A feature length documentary about the origination of signs in baseball. Marc plays Osh-Kosh team owner C.C. Chase, in 1880’s recreation footage. Trailer at http://www.signsofthetimemovie.com
As the World Turns – CBS TV
– Marc appeared in a speaking role on the CBS daytime show June 19th, 2007.
– a feature length romantic comedy film about internet dating by Zinko Films. Marc stars as Paul, and contributed as music producer, producer, co-editor, and more. Status: Completed.
“Marc Raco as Paul is the standout of the cast.”
– Dayna Papaleo, Rochester City News , 10/04/06
Getting Personal has been submitted to film festivals, and was screened in the Image Out Film Festival on 10/15/06, becoming the first Rochester-produced feature film to be screened at the festival in its history.
August 28, 2006 at the historic Dryden Theater in Rochester, NY in a gala red-carpet style event, with over 400 people in attendance! An after-party followed with live entertainment by Boston’s popular rock band Girl On Top at the Milestones Music Room.
Visit the Zinko Films website for more information and to purchase DVD’s!
– a feature length comedy film about the culture of smoking by Eggwork Films and the Sundance Film festival darling Matt Ehlers. Marc appears as a mayoral candidate with a troubled past, and also served on the editing team behind the scenes. Visit the film’s WEBSITE. Status: Completed.
Chipper’s in Rehab
A comedic short film by writer director Kelly Yoho. This wacky and biting film features Marc as a Hollywood script writer who is surprised with a very unusual intervention. Status: Completed, Premiered.
– Marc stars as The Devil in this short comedy by Independent Horizon Films. It should be as fun to watch as it was shooting it. Visit the filmmakers’ website for the film’s trailer.
Status: Completed, Released August 18, 2006.
A Night at the Cat
– Marc appears in a small but juicy part as unwanted, sleazy patron Phil Connors at a strip club in this feature-length film by Daydream Productions. See trailer at http://www.daydreamproductions.org.
Visit the film’s website. Status: Premiered
– Marc appeared in this horror/thriller feature film by Mpyreal Entertainment as a prison inmate who fights with a main character. While it was a brief scene, let’s just say there were substantial special effects makeup. Visit the film’s website at http://www.whatsaheader.com . Status: Completed.
The Pink Panther
– Marc appeared uncredited as a featured extra — an airline passenger with a cold in this Shawn Levy directed United Artists comedy starring Steve Martin, Kevin Kline and Beyonce Knowles. Marc’s scene appears in the “deleted scenes” section of the DVD, and shows him in three scenes, sneezing into the camera, waiting in line as Steve Martin pushes past him in line, and coughing as Martin passes by.
June, 2007 Marc has relocated to New York City.
August, 2005 Marc wins several gold and silver medals, and title of All Around World Champion for male actors 25+ at 2005 World Championships of Performing Arts